Monday, March 19, 2012

Now The Fun Part!

Last night, I finally crossed the 50,000 word threshold on The Book of Earth, taking me out of the drafting phase for the book. Now comes the fun part: the editing phase.

The editing phase is a truly complex beast, because you never really know what your book needs until you do something outside of it. I have a friend helping me with this phase, and he suggested that I add more content to the book. Of course, just finishing the rough, I haven't done a complete re-read yet.

In fact, I might have found some inspiration from the beginnings of my description, posted below:

Since ancient times, the Realm of Earth has been divided in religious and scientific debate. At the height of the battles, two dark forces emerge: a brain-washing demon of a past millenium and a billionaire weapons expert bent on world domination.

That's what my book needs. More debate and a closer approach to all-out civil war. That's what I'll keep in mind as my friend and I edit my book.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment