Saturday, September 29, 2012

From The Top!

We're getting closer and closer to day one of NaNoWriMo and the start of Volume Three, on which I am ready to take flight! This post itself is a sign of the times, as it will be my last blog post of the month.

I've been thinking about how to boost sales of the previous two volumes, and the best way to go about it is to take it from the top. The Book of Fire was a learning experience for me as a self-publisher. I learned that I have much to learn about the publishing business. I bought a self-publishing guide that has a timetable in it, outlining the steps for putting out a finished product.

The first step is pretty well handled by my print-on-demand service (all of the title registration, ISBN, the fun stuff), so my top step is to get more people involved in the production of my books. That includes editors, cover artists, beta readers, and people who I know own my previous books. Once I get people involved, I need to keep them in the loop.

But I think between now and then, I'll start developing a dice game to go with my series. This will be published if/when I put out a complete collection for Realms Quintessential. I have many ideas already!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment