Sunday, October 16, 2011

Four Dashes

Today, I want to talk about pauses.

The Book of Earth is still in progress. I am taking an approach where, during creative down times, I am typing my story into a document. In my notebook, I transition from chapter to chapter by using four dashes. As I type my story into the document, I use ----(This Format)----, where the thing in parentheses is what I want to build on.

This is also helpful because I've decided to join some chapters together. This will help vary the length of the chapters. So far, I've added another scene to the back story, some background, and a conference between my main party of characters. This will help boost word count and make for a more coherent story.

My question to my fellow writers today is: what do you do to expand on your works or to make them flow better? Please leave your answers in the comments below.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment