Friday, December 30, 2011

To ABNA or not to ABNA?

It's that time of the year again! The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest will be open for submissions on January 23rd.

In my opinion as a self-published author, getting into ABNA is the next step after NaNoEdMo, which of course follows NaNoWriMo. I'm not sure if I will enter the contest this year, because I don't have a novel anywhere near finished for January 23rd. Last year, I didn't get past round one, which is solely based on the pitch.

However, that's not to say I don't have the tools to get in the contest. I think over the last year I have received some good advice on writing book descriptions (i.e. focusing on the main character). Also, I am home until January 22nd, which gives me plenty of time to crank out the words I need. Quite frankly, I am thinking about working on The Book of Earth when I finish this post.

My fellow writers: Are you thinking about entering ABNA? If so, how do you feel about your pitch-writing skills?

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment