Saturday, January 28, 2012

Working Capital

The Book of Earth is still quite some time away from finished. The pace has been a bit slow, since with the start of the semester comes a decent amount of homework. I've been trying to weave some writing time between homework (for example, I owe myself 1000 words in Earth for doing two dynamics problems).

I got some good news recently. I'll be starting a part-time job next weekend, so I'll start getting paychecks. This is great for me because the work fits into my school schedule, and I can start generating some working capital for my novels. The first thing I plan on getting is a new printer/scanner, seeing as the last one died on me. Once I get this, I can print up my "Signed Copy" stickers (just got blanks from Amazon), and start adhering them to books I already signed (ones that my family members have).

I feel great that things are slowly yet surely coming together. Within the next few weeks, The Book of Earth should be in its editing phase, and my marketing plan will be underway.

Readers: How are things going for you? Leave your comments below.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment